Monday, March 29, 2010

Travelling Aztex

The last few weeks have been full of travel for the Aztex, both players and staff. The team earned a victory in Laredo, running out the winners by 2 goals to 1. The text from assistant coach Bobby Murphy read "Won 2-1, missed a PK, hit the post 3 times, had 2 kicked off the line"

Meanwhile, Phil and I traveled to our home town, partly business and partly pleasure, to see Stoke lose 2 -1 to Spurs and then win against West Ham. I feel sorry for Zola, I think he's probably just a bit too nice. Ricardo Fuller's goal was a bit special - the only clip I could find was on footytube.com but it's highlights of the whole game so I'll let you have a look yourselves! Whilst the game was going on, our dear friends Gary and Sarah Mellor were bringing into the world the latest Aztex/Stoke fan - should have named him Ricardo but they decided on Harry! Congratulations from all the Aztex staff and fans, many of whom have met Gary, our Overseas Development Director.

Still on the subject of Stoke City, their manager Tony Pulis and comedian Nick Hancock are climbing Kilimanjaro to raise money for a local hospice - can't see Ferguson or Wenger doing something like that! Read all about it here - www.kili4kids.org

Adrian has also been on his travels to join other Everton legends as they celebrated their most successful ever season - 1984/85. 'Inchy' and other stars such as Howard Kendall, Peter Reid, Pat Van Den Hauwe and Kevin Sheedy joined 800 fans for an evening of entertainment and story telling (I'm sure our coach had one or two to add to proceedings!)

We are hoping to bring you news about the broadcasting of the games very shortly - watch the website!

See you soon!!

Kay
PS I bought my new England jersey whilst I was in the UK!

No comments: