Friday, April 30, 2010

Wednesday night

Wow, what a night! I'm still on a high after witnessing the outpouring of not just cash and soccer equipment but love for our neighbors from Haiti. To raise $11,500 in one night was amazing enough and the huge pile of jerseys, cleats, soccer balls was also heart warming but it was the folks with welcome banners, the cheers for both teams and just the warm and friendly atmosphere that bowled me over. We've lived here just over 5 years and have loved Austin since we moved here but Wednesday made me fall in love all over again. The community is my focus for the Aztex - obviously, I love to win and I want the club to succeed but the game against Haiti showed me once again what can be achieved through sport. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generosity of spirit and for making a difference.

The team are in Minnesota for the second road trip of the season. We didn't win away from home until September last season so we have already put one unfavorable record to bed! We will be in Cuatros cheering the guys on so do come and join us.

Meanwhile, life in the office seems as hectic as ever. One real sign that our name is out there is the number of appearance requests we get - one of my challenges is fulfilling those requests while still keeping the coaches happy by not interrupting training! I have Yoanna doing a sterling job helping me - we are also getting requests for Sgt Pepper and , surprise surprise, our lovely Soccerettes!

Seems ages till the next home game but it's really only 2 weeks - just need Stoke City to let fewer than 7 goals in this week - ugghh! Couldn't bear to watch!

See you all on the 16th!

Kay

No comments: